[Asterisk-Users] if outgoing call fails with provider 1 then auto try provider 2

Thomas Miller thomasamillergoogle at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 19:38:56 MST 2005

When someone teminates a call with my softphone to my
asterisk server i want asterisk to try provider 1
first and if the call does not go through because the
provider is having problems then it will try provider
2 gracefully.

I realize that "the provider is having problems"
statement is hard to descrribe. There could be so many
problems! For example:

1) an account password got changed.
2) account was accidentally disabled.
3) network problems of any kind.
4) "constant busy"(I have heard of this happening
sometimes?)
5) "iax2 show peers" show them having a problem.
6) use your imagination, there are lots more

I have searched the wiki and other sources and cannot
find an extensions.conf example that will accomplish
this. If someone can post an exapmle I will add it to
the wiki. I am trying to make things as bulletproof as
possible. Thanks, Tom