[Asterisk-Users] can't make my PRI dial out

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 22 18:20:03 MST 2005

On April 22, 2005 05:35 pm, Mark Phillips wrote:
> <                  Ext: 1  Cause: Invalid information element contents
> (100), class = Protocol Error (6) ]
> -- Processing IE 8 (cs0, Cause)

Your zapata.conf does not match your telco's provisioning of the PRI.  Contact
your switch tech and verify your settings.

Offhand, I am going to guess that you should *NOT* set caller ID **NAME** --
send only the number.  Failing that, don't even set the CID number.

Basically the telco switch is telling you to go bugger yourself because you're
sending an IE (information element) that it doesn't like.

-A.