[Asterisk-Users] chan capi: Long incomingmsn line in capi.conf?

Stefan Helbing sth at weblab.de
Fri Apr 22 08:40:03 MST 2005

Hello,

the incomingmsn line in chan_capi's capi.conf is limited to 80 characters (AST_MAX_EXTENSION default value).
My problem: I have to include several MSNs but NOT all. The interface is a 30 channel PRI card with a number area of 600 numbers, splitted in different functions. Some numbers are used for fax, some for PPP, some for telephony.
(Example: 1234567xx is used for fax, 1234568xx is used for ppp, 1234569xx is used for telephony)
When I set incomingmsn to * it's fine for asterisk - it gets all calls - but PPP and fax are not working anymore because they don't get any calls.
In Germany I have to take the whole number without the leading zero of the area prefix. So every MSN has a length of 10 characters. This limits the count of usable MSN to 7 (7*10 + 6 commas = 76 chars).
I tried out to use a wildcard in the string (using the example above: 1234569*) but this doesn't work.

Any idea (except modifying the source code)? Thank you! :-)

Best regards
Stefan