[Asterisk-Users] One touch voicemail on Cisco 7940/60

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Fri Apr 22 06:27:08 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 11:13 +0100, Simon Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 21:36 +0100, Ron Wellsted wrote:
> >
> > Morris, Simon wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'd like to program my Cisco phones to authenticate themselves to
> > > voicemail upon hitting the right button on my 7940/60's
> > >
> > > Ideally the voicemail app will detect which extension the call is
> > coming
> > > from and drop the user straight into the menu.
> > >
> > > Is this possible?
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >

> > > ~sm
> >
> > Yes this is possible.
> >
> > In your extensions.conf:
> >
> > exten => _8501,1,Answer()
> > exten => _8501,2,VoicemailMain(s${CALLERIDNUM})
> > exten => _8501,3,Hangup()
> >
> > then program the messages button to dial 8501 either via settings,
> SIP
> > Settings, Messages URI (set to 8501) or in the SIPDefault.cnf file

Guys - sorry to change my original question.

That solution does exactly what I asked BUT! I'd like it to dial and
know which extension I'm coming from and then prompt for the password.

Just realised that the solution above allows people to wander around
listening to other peoples voicemail at the press of the button :-)

So.. how to bypass the "Enter your mailbox number" stage in voicemail
and go straight to the password prompt.

Thanks guys

~sm