[Asterisk-Users] Line Noise UPDATE - If you've got line noise, read this

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Fri Apr 22 03:40:48 MST 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 02:40:10AM -0500, Paul said:

> Ok, well I managed to fix the IRQ conflicts...well, sorta. I have two X100P
> cards in the system. One now has it's own interrupt and the other is sharing
> one with the soundcard. I tested outbound calls on both cards, still have
> the damn static. I am so sick of this. Is anyone else using X100P cards and
> NOT having this problem??

Yes. I can make a call from a POTS phone hooked up to a Cisco ATA 186,
out one X100P to the PSTN, back in a second X100P, to a phone hooked up
to the second  port on the ATA186 with no noise, and no echo, and a
pretty small delay (which you can hear with one handset in each ear.)

I have disabled most of the on-board I/O such as parallel, serial, and
extra USB controllers, and the X100's are on int 5 and 7, not shared
with anything. Interrupts 10 and 11 have a bunch of stuff shared and are
used by USB controllers, ethernet ports (one on each IRQ) video card,
SCSI controller, and one "unknown device" (some special nVidia device.)

This machine is also used as a firewall / gateway / email server but
does NOT run X (which I hear can cause problems on some machines.) I've
been running this configuration for about 9 months with virtually no
problems in a SOHO environment including weekly 3-hour long conference
calls.

I realize this doesn't help you much, but it IS possible for the
configuration to work.

I have been thinking about getting a Sipura 3000 to add another FXS port
and remove one X100P which would also cut down on the number of
interrupts, leaving me one X100P for timming (so I don't need ztdummy.)

MAYBE this would help you.