[Asterisk-Users] Dell PowerEdge SC1425 w/ TE405P?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Apr 22 03:28:49 MST 2005

Hello,
	I've been asked to build a couple of Gateway servers for a client
w/ TE405P hardware, and have been looking around at various 1U options.
I've been looking at SuperMicro and Tyan barbones boxes as possible
platforms, but then was directed to Dell's SC1425 by a friend. Short
story, is that you can purchase a 2x3.0Ghz/1GigDDR400/1xSATA box in a 1U
form factor for $1,498.00. This seems almost too good to be true, so I'm
asking if anyone has had any experience with this box?

I'm not up on my PCI terminology, but as I understand it, the TE405P can
only be used in a 32 bit 33Mhz slot at 5.0 Volts. This SC1425 lists a
"1x 64-bit/1xxMHz PCI-X slot" under it's expandability information. I'd
venture to guess this is probably NOT going to work with a TE405P.

That being said, if it works, great. If not, what 1U boxes are people
using IN PRODUCTION w/ TE405P cards?

                             KP-216-121-ST