[Asterisk-Users] Spandsp 0.0.2Pre15 with bristuff-0.2.0-RC8 Problem - Hangup

Peter De Schrijver peter.deschrijver at netcom-kassel.de
Fri Apr 22 01:08:58 MST 2005

Hi !

After succesfully setting up a Server with an E1 Card -Asterisk CVS and
Spandsp-0.0.2Pre10, I am having a problem getting the combination of
bristuff-0.2.0-RC8.tar.gz and Spandsp-0.0.2pre15 to work on another
machine.
I have a trust HFC card I want to use. The problem described was
identical on 2 linux machines, 1 Via Epia M10000 and 1 Asus Celeron 400
MHz, both running Debian.

My Linux is Debian Sarge with custom kernel 2.4.30, with all the
libraries and linux Sourcecode (Kernel 2.4.30) installed to compile both
packages (libtiff, libxml, etc.). Compiling is no problem.

First I started the scripts in bristuff, which then download asterisk
1.0.7 and all the other packages needed. After installing zaphfc and
successfully checking the asterisk telephony functions, I installed the
spandsp  lib (--prefix=/usr), and copied the apps to the asterisk
directory. Compiled asterisk again, and moved the apps to the modules
dir of asterisk. Restarted Asterisk -vvvvvvvvgc as root. Set Verbose to
5 , Debug to 99.

Calling the extension I reserved for fax ( exten =>
45,1,rxfax(/home/master/testfax.tif)

I receive this:

*CLI>     -- Executing RxFAX("Zap/1-1", "/home/master/testfax.tif") in
new stack
Urgent handler
    -- Accepting voice call from '' to '45' on channel 0/1, span 1
Urgent handler
Urgent handler
    -- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup
Urgent handler