[Asterisk-Users] One touch voicemail on Cisco 7940/60

bam bam at cqm.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 00:56:00 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 21:36, Ron Wellsted wrote:

> Morris, Simon wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to program my Cisco phones to authenticate themselves to
> > voicemail upon hitting the right button on my 7940/60's
> >
> > Ideally the voicemail app will detect which extension the call is coming
> > from and drop the user straight into the menu.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >

> > ~sm
>
> Yes this is possible.
>
> In your extensions.conf:
>
> exten => _8501,1,Answer()
> exten => _8501,2,VoicemailMain(s${CALLERIDNUM})
> exten => _8501,3,Hangup()
>
> then program the messages button to dial 8501 either via settings, SIP
> Settings, Messages URI (set to 8501) or in the SIPDefault.cnf file

However if you are busy callers will immediately be redirected to this
extension and get your voicemail menu unless you have call waiting
enabled on the phone. Suggest you try this:

; Assuming your extension is 2034 and 8501 is your voicemail extension.
;
exten => 8501/2034,1,VoicemailMain(s2034)
exten => 8501,1,Voicemail(b2034)