[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk increased memory

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Apr 22 00:16:16 MST 2005

Not being a "c" developer, perhaps I am totally wrong, and therefore beg
for your understanding ... ;)

Is it normal for the * executable to be increasing in memory size ? I've
noticed when using "top" that the * executable starts life like

PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
530 root      16   0  9496 9432  4648 S     0.5  1.8   0:31   0 asterisk

however, after a couple of days, the "size" column indicates "60MB",
when there are no channels and no calls active. Is that normal ? We use
ISDN pri to the outside world, and SIP (Cisco 7960) internally, with
Agentcallbacklogin for queues.

CVS head as of the start of the month.

Julian.