[Asterisk-Users] BYOD provider other than broadvoice

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:39:07 MST 2005

Mark,

well, your ping results look pretty damn good. I get good quality with
up to 20 ms jitter and 80 ms pings. If on a very bad day jitter on my
line is 30+ ms, calls to PSTN sound "under the water" but calls to
other SIP devices through Broadvoice sound fine. I guess the jitter
buffer/handling is better in SIP adapters than what Broadvoice uses to
terminate to PSTN.

Anyway, I don't see why you get bad quality (it's not that I don't
believe you) so can't help you more. You're probably sick and tired
and ready to try someone else, which I understand if you've been
dealing with this for over a year. If not, you could try changing the
RTP packet size in asterisk (rtp.c) to either 10, 30 or 40 ms and see
if this makes a difference...

--Luki