[Asterisk-Users] FAX

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Apr 21 17:48:25 MST 2005

Anton Krall wrote:

>Guys.. Anybody sucessfully using spandsp on cvs head?

A few days I asked the same question and got a working answer from Jesse
Guardiani
Please look for a message with the subject: Fax questions from April 16,
2005
He also referes to the web site:
http://scottstuff.net/scott/archives/000152.html

Just one of my experience. I copied the extension line from the web,
which is in TWO lines combined with a "\" at the end of the first line.
That does not work in Asterisk, .... it must be on one line. That was
the only really difficulty I had.

Two things I want to extend:
1. to get the caller name somehow. At the moment I get only the
Caller-ID- number. Maybe it is possible from the fax header or via own
database.
2. to allow EACH extension to get a fax and use the voicemail.conf email
address as the receiver of the fax

bye

Ronald