[Asterisk-Users] Provisioning lines 5 and 6 via TFTP

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Thu Apr 21 14:48:53 MST 2005

Has anyone experienced a problem provisioning lines 5 and 6 of a Cisco
7960 via a SIPxxxxx.CNF over TFTP?

What I'm experiencing is that regardless of the linex_... entries in
the CNF file, lines 5 and 6 show UNPROVISIONED on the phone console,
despite the fact that the rest of the line provisioning fields are
correctly filled on the phone.

As soon as I re-enter the line name on the keypad for line 5 -- and
JUST the line name because, remember, the rest of the fields are
already present -- then lines 5 and 6 appear on the phone console.

Weird!

/rg