[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and SER

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Thu Apr 21 13:21:47 MST 2005

SER is a SIP proxy, Asterisk is a PBX, and application server.

SER passes calls from place to place and does not get in the audio path.

SER uses SIP, * is able to transcode, and convert Protocols.

You can build an IVR, VM, and PBX with Asterisk. SER is like a traffic
cop, where * is the car wash, garage, gas station, etc....