[Asterisk-Users] Queues configuration

Henry Devito hdevito at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 21 13:23:40 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Salama" <dsalama at user.net>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Queues configuration

> Would you happen to have some sample config on how to do this? Is this
> done in queues.conf or in the dial plan? Even pseudocode will help.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel
>
> On Apr 21, 2005, at 2:55 PM, Henry Devito wrote:
>
>>> 3) When callers call into the * box and the agents are busy, they will
>>> be put on the queue. Now, I wish to be able to tell the callers they are
>>> in position X in the queue. However, if after, say, 30 seconds no agent
>>> is available yet, I wish to give the caller the opportunity to listen to
>>> a IVR where s/he can make a decision whether to continue holding, be
>>> transfered to another agent group, or leave a message. Is this possible?
>>> Does anyone have any sample of how to do this?
>>
>> This is possible.  The person can jump out of queue at anytime or you can
>> set an 'overflow' to an IVR menu.

Timeout is set in the extensions.conf file with the queue command
 Queue(queuename|options|optionalurl|announceoverride|timeout)

Queues an incoming call in a particular call queue as defined in
queues.conf.

The option string may contain zero or more of the following characters:

  a.. 't' - allow the called user transfer the calling user
  b.. 'T' - to allow the calling user to transfer the call.
  c.. 'd' - data-quality (modem) call (minimum delay).
  d.. 'H' - allow caller to hang up by hitting *.
  e.. 'n' - no retries on the timeout; will exit this application and go to
the next step.
  f.. 'r' - ring instead of playing MOH

In addition to transferring the call, a call may be parked and then picked
up by another user. The optional URL will be sent to the called party if the
channel supports it, or you can use an external app like XC-AST to launch it
if your terminal does not support it

Jump out of queue

Menu for the user
You can define a menu for the user, while waiting. For this menu, you can
only use one-digit extensions. Define the context for the menu in the
configuration for the queue to enable this option.