[Asterisk-Users] BYOD provider other than broadvoice

Mark Musone mmusone at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:04:28 MST 2005

about 80% of my calls using broadvoice sound _horrible_

all of my customers, vendors, and acquaintences say almost the same
exact thing. "You sound like you're under water".

i've tried every broadvoice proxy, upgraded asterisk till i'm blue in
the face, remoave all firewalls, NATs, setup asterisk on it's own
completely dedicated server..you name it. still "You sound like you're
under water".

This happens whether i call out to people, or people call inbound. I
can hear people on the other end perfectly fine...they almost always
hear horrible jitter.
i'm on two DS3's with actual bandwidth usage of about 5M/sec (i.e. i'm
at like 6% capacity)

My ping times to broadvoice are excellent:

PING proxy.dca.broadvoice.com (147.135.0.128) 56(84) bytes of data.

any SIP<->SIP call _not using broadvoice (i.e. calling from my sipura
device to anoher SIP device across the internet) is perfectly fine..

This has been going on for over a year now...had yet to be better. i'm
about to switch providers also because i simply can't take it anymore.
This is absolutely a broadvoice problem, and since they don't support
asterisk (not that I blame them) i dont have much options. i've been
thinking of just hooking up my Sipura directly to broadvoice to verify
the problem and then "force" them to fix it on the supported device.

-Mark