[Asterisk-Users] Re: Starting with Asterisk-SIP

jltaylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Thu Apr 21 13:30:47 MST 2005

Don't get many hugs around here...

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of ruben
cuevas rumin
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:28 PM
To: Moises Silva
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Starting with Asterisk-SIP

Hi Mosies,

Thanks for your help, now I have a SIP server using asterisk and I can
communicate my two SIP clients with asterisk in the middle :).

This is the first step, but I have to work a lot of yet, so I think I
will disturbe you and the other people in the list (I'm sorry).

Thank you very much for your help.

"Un saludo y un abrazo" ;). (It's an spanish expresion)

                               Rubén.

On 4/20/05, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> sent to Asterisk, and asterisk will try to find a match in the dialed
> pattern in the context that the SIP entry specifies (in this case the
> parameter context=testdialplan), so , for example, if you dial "12"
> from sip user "15", the 12 will match in the pattern "_.", because the
> dot match anything, you can be more specific an put in extensions.conf
> "_XX", instead of "_.", and Asterisk will only match when you dial a
> number of 2 digits length, and that digits are 0-9 (the X means 0-9).
> You can read more about this in:
>
> http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf
>
> Once the pattern is matched, Asterisk will attempt to execute the
> commands that are there, in this case a Dial() command, that say "Open
> a Channel type SIP, and try to dial to the ${EXTENSION}", ${EXTENSION}
> is a special var, you can read more about asterisk vars in:
>
> http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variables
>
> So it will try to dial to a SIP user with the dialed extensión.
>
> So that all, it should work for a small test.
>
> I have studied in Universidad de Guadalajara, in Guadalajara, México.
> Any other people from México here???? :-)
>
> Good Look!
>

> On 4/19/05, ruben cuevas rumin <rcuevasrumin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Moises,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, and thanks Dana too.
> >
> > I  know that I can to communicate two SIPs phones without Asterisk in
> > the middle. But this isn't my final objective, This is the first step
> > in my project, it mean, I firstly want make works a simple testbed
> > (the one I described in the previous mail), and then step by step
> > configure more difficult testbed.
> > So if you, please, could help me to configure this simple test, I'm
> > will be happy :).
> > I think my problem is the dial plan in the extensions.conf.
> >
> > Ah, I'm studing electronics and comunnication eng, in the University
> > Carlos III of Madrid. Congratulations for your graduation, I hope end
> > in September of this year.
> > Which University do you have study?
> >
> > Best Regards and thank you for your help.
> >
> > On 4/19/05, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Ruben. You can make a direct IP call. If the 2 sip phones can ping
> > > each other (that is, both are reachable in the network), then in
> > > kphone select the option File > New Call, then type
> > > sip:number at sipdeviceip , the 'number' is the number wich is configured
> > > in kphone, sipdeviceip will be the IP of the machine that is running
> > > the kphone application. Note that this kind of call does not have
> > > nothing to do with Asterisk, the phones are using sip protocol without
> > > asterisk in the middle. When kphone makes a register to asterisk, then
> > > you dont need to specify sip:blahblah at blahbla... you only dial a
> > > number and the number is immediatly sent to asterisk wich routes the
> > > call where the dialplan says.
> > >
> > > Ah, and by the way, where do you study? i just graduate of electronics

I'm

VoIP
Server, and

> > > --
> > > "Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en
http://www.gnu.org"

> --
> "Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en
http://www.gnu.org"

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: