[Asterisk-Users] dialup internet via Asterisk

William M. Sandiford wsandiford at DURHAMTELECOM.com
Thu Apr 21 11:52:22 MST 2005

I have tried doing this but I couldn't seem to get the echo canceller to dynamically turn off properly when it heard the CET while the modems were initializing.  So, what would happen was, I had to turn off the echo cancellation completely, which allowed the modem calls to work, but the voice was bad, or leave the echo canceller on which would make the voice good and the data bad.

There was a user that created a patch to add a 'E' command to the Dial command to specifically force echo cancellation to be disabled.  This would work perfect because you could specify the E command on the section of your dialplan that faced the PM3.  The only problem was that the patch was made for 1.0.7 and needs to be recreated against CVS-HEAD or it won't get committed.  Here was the bug tracker

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003881

-------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:00:57 -0300
From: Michael 'Moose' Dinn <dinn at blend.twistedpair.ca>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] dialup internet via Asterisk
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

I have a customer with 2/3rds of a PRI turned up for his PM3, which handles incoming calls for dialup customers. He's offered me the remainder of the PRI at cost, assuming he can still get calls through to his PM3.

I know it's fairly easy to have incoming calls (with his DID) routed to his PM3 and my incoming DIDs routed to me; however will he see any performance or connectivity problems on his PM3?

I'd likely just get a quad-T1 card (or a pair of single T1 cards) and have one facing the telco, one facing his PM3, and SIP or IAX2 facing all of my stuff, which would be on a separate machine.

Has anyone ever done this before?