[Asterisk-Users] ZAP - outgoing call using different D-Channel each time ?

Walter Klomp walter at aglow.com.sg
Thu Apr 21 09:59:16 MST 2005

Hi Fellow Asteriskians,

Currently I am having an Asterisk installation piggy-backed behind an
"intelligent" voice-switch that does the LCR, over E1's using Digium TE410p

The problem is that Asterisk always starts channel 1 if the channel is free,
and only switches to channel 2 if channel 1 is in use...

Can the behaviour be changed so that outgoing calls using ZAP channels are
on a rotary basis, like 1..30 and then back to 1 for each outgoing call?  It
has namely happened that channel 1 on the other side "hung" in the "Free"
state which severely impacted my operations as you can imagine...

Hope somebody can shed some light on this. I can't seem to find the option
in any of the zap conf files and I have been trying to meddle with the
chan_zap.c source file to no avail...

Thanks for your help
Walter