[Asterisk-Users] 802.1p , precedence and TOS

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 21 09:56:25 MST 2005

  Why wouldn't you just use tos=<some value like 0xb8> or tos=lowdelay
depending upon the config file in question? Remember there is an overlap
between IP precedence bits and some DSCPs for backward compatability.
Honor that overlap and you can use DiffServ processing logic even if your
device can only set an IP prec. value.