[Asterisk-Users] dialup internet via Asterisk

Michael 'Moose' Dinn dinn at blend.twistedpair.ca
Thu Apr 21 08:00:57 MST 2005

I have a customer with 2/3rds of a PRI turned up for his PM3, which handles
incoming calls for dialup customers. He's offered me the remainder of the PRI
at cost, assuming he can still get calls through to his PM3.

I know it's fairly easy to have incoming calls (with his DID) routed to his
PM3 and my incoming DIDs routed to me; however will he see any performance or
connectivity problems on his PM3?

I'd likely just get a quad-T1 card (or a pair of single T1 cards) and have one
facing the telco, one facing his PM3, and SIP or IAX2 facing all of my stuff,
which would be on a separate machine.

Has anyone ever done this before?