[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channel of type 'SIP'

Tais M. Hansen tmh at comx.dk
Thu Apr 21 00:53:53 MST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 09:38, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I (601) call one of my users (8862), after one minute I try to call him
> again  and get "Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' "
> sip show peers does not list him.
> I cannot figure out why this happens and more important how I can fix it.

You will get the "Unable to create channel SIP" if you do
"Dial(SIP/some-extension)" and "some-extension" isn't registered with
Asterisk.

If "sip show peers" doesn't even show the 8862 entry, you should probably
check you sip.conf.

Anyway, sound to me like your SIP endpoint (8862) isn't re-registering before
the initial registration times out or has problems with the sip.conf qualify
option. I've seen a bunch of endpoints lose registration because qualify was
set too low or because the endpoints didn't respond with something Asterisk
could use for some reason.

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen