[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Wed Apr 20 12:28:21 MST 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:33:44 +0000
  "Jaime Blanco" <blancolandau at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the asterisk and the X100P card.  I can
>receive calls from PSTN and it can ring on a Grandstream
>SIP Phone.  From the SIP Phone I can dial the demo
>extension on asterisk pbx.  The issue is as soon as I try
>to dial out 92714756 or another number I received the
>following message:
>
> *CLI>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/1001-2b93",
>"Zap/g2/2714756") in new stack
> Apr 20 02:27:40 NOTICE[245776]: app_dial.c:536
>dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'
>  == Everyone is busy at this time
>    -- Executing Congestion("SIP/1001-2b93", "") in new
>stack
>  == Spawn extension (from-sip, 92714756, 2) exited
>non-zero on
> 'SIP/1001-2b93'

You are getting this because your dial plan is trying to
send the connection to ZAP/g2 which is any zap channel in
group number 2.

If you look in your zapata.conf below, you do not even
have a group defined.

> Zapata.conf is:
>
> [channels]
> callwaiting=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
>
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
>
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
>
> immediate=no
>
> context=default
>
> signalling=fxs_ks
> channel=1

<SNIP>

Trying cleaning up your extensions.conf so it is a little
more readable. I understand that you may just be getting
started, but it is really difficult to try and decipher
your extensions.conf file the way it is.