[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phone Compatability

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Apr 20 11:34:19 MST 2005

The Zultys Zip phone is crap though.
As with the 841, no PoE
No speakerphone
No display
I am unable to get the message waiting indication to work
I am unable to get it to register with Asterisk, though I can place and
receive calls
There is no wall mounting bracket, and support doesn't have a clue what
that even might be.
Perhaps the higher priced ones are better.

Frankly, for the under 100 dollar market, the Budgetone is the best
value. The speakerphone works, they have a backlit display, and the only
serious shortcoming is that the web configuration screen can't be
accessed even to view settings when the phone is in use.

John Novack