[Asterisk-Users] signate.com webcall

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Apr 20 11:30:37 MST 2005

Hi All!

I already have this as a 'product' developed by Nicolas Gudino of Flash
Operator Panel especially for me as a fully functional system. You can
see this at http://www.eezeephone.com under callback services. Though it
may not be working now due to some misuse in the past.

Unfortunately what I have is not open source and it uses PHP/Mysql/ASTCC
as the backend combination and integrates all of them to be able to
Allow calls of only Authenticated users in Astcc. If anyone is
interested to improve the product further and relinquish their rights to
such improvements, wite to me off the list.

It is a very simple concept. Though what I have gotten developed comes
with a wider list of options - different Sets of Authentication,
Multiple Call Legs etc.

1)Use Asterisk Trivial Call Control Protocol
2)Take input from user for Source and Destinations
3)Take username and password for Authentication
4)Check if the Caller is in ASTCC database and he has balance
5)Create a Call file matching the source and destinations entered by the
user in /tmp
6)Copy the call file to Asterisk Spool
7)Update the calltime in ASTCC

(oops! I just gave away the design! Well, Asterisk and ASTCC is open
source, what the heck!)

Signate's version supports one call-leg between their extension and the
user's number, using PHP for the interface and use their DID as the
Called_From extension. They do not have a version that support two
distant Legs and Signate's system does not have an ASTCC integrated
CallingCard driven system, as I see it from the interface as it does not
ask for any authentication

Seshu Kanuri