[Asterisk-Users] Call waiting

Sascha Ferley Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net
Wed Apr 20 12:11:03 MST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to setup call waiting on a asterisk at home
box. We get the call waiting signal from the telco and would like to be
able to switch calls.
Our setup right now is as following:

[PSTN] -> [asterisk at home] -> [sip to Cisco ATA 188] -> Siemens 8825 (Analog)

When we had the siemens plugged into the PSTN directly, we could switch by
just pressing the line button again. Now this doesn't seem to work going
through the sip channel. Does anyone know how to enable this such that the
switch line signal is propagate back the the PSTN and be able to switch
the call to the call waiting one?

Please let me know

Thanks
Sascha