[Asterisk-Users] Route SIP calls to provider

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Apr 20 10:08:37 MST 2005

>From your descriptions of your needs, you would be better served with an
AAH installation.  Easier to understand than hand coding your contexts.

That aside, here are few answers...

Look here for more...
www.voip-info.org

Routing to the VoIP is just a matter of dial plan matching (see dial
plan at voip-info)

Codecs on Asterisk require the license.  Your phone may support the
codec but your server needs a license to do so.

Hold and transfer are usually part of the phone itself.  For example, my
Polycom holds the line and lets me transfer from itself.

Otherwise, I can transfer a call via * by dialing # and the extension
target.
This is a blind transfer so the target extension just gets the call
without you even talking to them.
Consultative transfer is different, details located at www.voip-info.org

Cheers,
Wiley