[Asterisk-Users] Which free calling card app most suitedforcommercial use?

Alex Vishnev avishnev at optonline.net
Wed Apr 20 08:19:41 MST 2005

I think the word "crap" is a pretty strong word and is not fare to the
authors. Everyone have their own requirements of how billing should or
should not work. Everyone is exposed to a different way a pre-paid calling
card platform should behave. I have been in pre-paid environment for almost
15 years and seen/implemented some "interesting" business models. All of
them depend on the provider and how the product is brought to market. Point
is, there will never be a unified billing system that will satisfy every
requirement of every pre-paid carrier in the world. I think these guys did a
good job showing the community how pre-paid billing should be implemented
and interfaced with asterisk and therefore deserve a credit for that. If you
don't like the way they implemented things, then contribute extensions or
patches. If you don't like the architecture and don't think a particular
approach can be extended, then contribute your own work and show everyone
that it is better. Until you do, avoid the words like "crap" when referring
to other people efforts.
Alex