[Asterisk-Users] RxFax not hanging up...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Apr 20 07:56:10 MST 2005

     I have a line dedicated to receive faxes.  It basically answers, gives
you a prompt to dial 1 for fax, an extension or wait on the line for a fax tone.

     After a few seconds it will timeout (using the t extension) and give the
user a fax tone.  The problem is that if the user hangs up RxFax will continue
trying to receive a fax forever and will not hang up the line until I kill the
channel manually.

     I am using spandsp.0.0.2pre15 with Asterisk CVS-HEAD 04/20/05-09:25:13.
Is there a way to make rxfax hangup after a max time in case the fax does not
go through?  I use the following fax macro:

[ Context 'macro-faxin' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  's' =>            1. SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif) [pbx_config]
                    2. rxfax(${FAXFILE})                          [pbx_config]
                    3. system(/usr/local/bin/mailfax)             [pbx_config]
                    4. Hangup()                                   [pbx_config]

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología