[Asterisk-Users] RealTime ignoring switch=> Realtime/context@realtime_ext

Me mylist at lightwavetech.com
Wed Apr 20 06:04:58 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Wiplinger" <ronald at elmit.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] RealTime ignoring switch=>
Realtime/context at realtime_ext

> Me wrote:
>
>> OK, been messing with RealTime like a week off and on, I can safely say
>> it's killing me!
>>
>> I have dug and dug and dug to find what I am missing, no dice.
>>
>> I am running the latest version of * from CVS as of about a week ago.
>>
>> Call comes in from a PRI into the todd_test_1 extension, if I uncomment
>> the lines for the _888 number directly in the extensions.conf file the
>> call is answered without a problem. If I comment the lines and just leave
>> the "switch" in place it's suppose to lookup the extensions from the
>> mysql table from what I understand.
>>
>> All I get when calling in from the PRI is this:
>>    -- Extension '8885551212' in context 'todd_test_1' from '2145551212'
>> does not exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/1, span 1
>>
>> It appears that the switch command is totally being ignored. I also
>> checked the MySQL logs to see if Asterisk/RealTime was even hitting it
>> but I see nothing in the MySQL logs at all that would indicate Asterisk
>> is talking to it.
>>
>> My phone numbers/passwords etc. have been changed but most everything
>> else in my configs are as is. Any help would be appreciated, I am sure I
>> am just missing something really simple and I am gonna smack myself in
>> the head when it's brought to my attention.
>>

>> #######   extensions.conf    #########
>>
>> [todd_test_1]
>>
>> switch => Realtime/todd_test_2 at realtime_ext
>

> shouldn't it be Realtime/todd_test_1 at realtime_ext
> or
>
> [todd_test_1]
>
> include => todd_test_2
>
> [todd_test_2]
>
> switch => Realtime/todd_test_2 at realtime_ext
>
> ???
>
> BTW, the numbering of the priorities should increase:
>
>> "1";"todd_test_2";"_888NXXXXXX";"1";"Wait";"2"
>> "2";"todd_test_2";"_888NXXXXXX";"2";"SayNumber";"102"
>> "3";"todd_test_2";"_888NXXXXXX";"1";"Playback";"pbx-invalid"
>

> bye
>
> Ronald

Well, I am confused then about two things..

1- In "switch => Realtime/todd_test_2 at realtime_ext" I am referring to
todd_test_2 which is my context inside of the DB for the records I am
referencing, I was not aware that this context also needed to exist within
the text file extensions.conf.

2- Can I not have one context within the extensions.conf that has the switch
command in it and then as many other context as I like within the database?
I thought this was the whole idea, controlling the extensions from the DB
which in my opinion includes using different context.

3- Someone mentioned to me the other day that I shouldn't have the same
context in the DB as I have in the text file. For example, I think they told
me it was a bad idea to have a context within the extensions.conf called
"todd_test_1" which had a switch command in it, then also have "todd_test_1"
as the context in the DB. Maybe I totally misunderstood this person the
other day regarding this. Basically this is why I now have two context
"todd_test_1" and "todd_test_2".

Regarding my priority numbering, I know it was off but I am pretty sure that
based on the error I am getting in the CLI when calling in as well as the
fact that * never hits MySQL at all according to the logs, I would say the
process never makes it to the database at all to even get to this error
about the priority. But, thanks for letting me know, sometimes it's little
things like this that can bugger you up along the way.

For your reference the error is below, this shows that it dies within
"todd_test_1":
>>    -- Extension '8885551212' in context 'todd_test_1' from '2145551212'
>> does not exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/1, span 1

Again, if I just add some lines to handle the call right under the switch
command, all works well which tells me the switch command is likely being
ignored totally.

FYI, I did install Asterisk-Addons, I am running the latest CVS as of a week
or so ago, I do have the MySQL client and header libs installed. The MySQL
server is on a box on the same LAN and is operational for other live
services right now. I have double and triple checked my MySQL permissions,
besides if it was rejected for permission reasons, I would show it in my
MySQL logs.

I hate to be a ding bat here but, can someone tell me how to turn on Debug
mode and where the debug logs show up? I am sure there is a Wiki page on
this so a URL would be great, I will go dig for it some more now.

Thanks folks for all the help so far!