[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail Config Questions

David dst_u at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 21:27:14 MST 2005

Hello,

I configured the Asterisk’s voicemail and I can leave and retrieve messages, but I need some help to perform the following tasks:

1. Send the messages by email via an external SMTP server. I don’t think that the sendmail on the server works correctly.

2. configure for each mailbox its default language and allow people to call the same access number, and based on their language, get the right prompt. What I did so far is the following, where by dialing *222, English prompts are played and *111 should play French prompts:

exten => *222,1,VoicemailMain

exten => *111,1,SetLanguage(fr)

exten => *111,2,VoicemailMain

The questions:

- Are the above settings correct?

- I downloaded French prompts (but didn’t install them yet). The files have .gsm extensions. Can they be heard with G.729 codec?

- Can I unify the access numbers to one and let the system play the right language based on the caller’s profile? If yes, how?

- How (if at all) can I configure the voicemail to send the emails via an external SMTP server?

Thanks.

David