[Asterisk-Users] Any work around for ISPs that block port 5060

Iassen Hristov ih.ng at databrokers.net
Tue Apr 19 14:15:12 MST 2005

Are you sure it is not your firewall that blocks the outgoing packets to
them?
I am pretty sure Asterisk follows whatever port you tell it to. If the
phone is registered with the correct port it will use it. I have used a
Sipura phone on port 5061 and it worked just fine. This part should be
pretty obvious by doing "sip show peers" in the CLI

You might also need to do the following tests:

1) make sure they can indeed received UDP packets on certain port other
than 5060 (maybe they have other ports blocked as well)
2) make sure your firewall is not blocking this traffic
3) make sure this is the port they have registered with
4) debug the sip channel and look for the ports in the headers