[Asterisk-Users] PRI - T1 feasibility

jltaylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Tue Apr 19 13:39:37 MST 2005

Works, looks simple.
James Taylor

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Ronald
Hartmann
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:14 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] PRI - T1 feasibility

Looking for advice on the following feasibility

---------------------->PRI (Goes to span 1)------>Asterisk (4 span PRI
Card)----------> Sip Phones
				(Receive ANI and DNIS)

< T1 Robbed Bit >

<Span 2>

IVR Application

I need to be able to take a call and look at the number dialed (DID) and
if it matches a list, then
Send the call directly to the T1 <Span 2> to be handled by the IVR App.
The system must pass the ANI AND DNIS information from Span-1 to Span-2
as the IVR Application requires this information to perform its
services.

Finally, the IVR System after performing its function will transfer the
call to an extension (one of the Sip Phones) The IVR System will perform
a Flash Hook followed by the extension number of the SIP PHONE.

If the incoming call does not match a list of DID numbers, then the call
is sent straight to an auto attendant on the asterisk box, bypassing the
span-2 T1 stuff.

Any thoughts on asterisks ability to do this would be appreciated.

I feel confident in all the sections with exception to "Will asterisk be
able to handle the flash hook from IVR and thus pass the call to the
extension.

Thanks Very Much for you time in helping me with this.

~ron

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: