[Asterisk-Users] Testing the TDM01A

Aaron O'Hara ajeo at hungryforlife.org
Tue Apr 19 09:31:51 MST 2005

(Sorry if this is a repost...I submitted this a while ago, but it never
showed up on the list)

All,

I'm trying to troubleshoot why I can't dial out using X-Lite via *.  I
have a TDM01A (1 FXO), latest *, and latest AMP.  * starts successfully,
and ztcfg -v shows that 1 channel is configured.  However, when trying
to dial out I get a "all circuits busy" message.

When at the CLI, "show channels" shows nothing.

Is there any way to verify that my TDM01A can get a 'dial-tone' or that
Asterisk is seeing that there's a channel available?  I've looked at
thet wiki under zapata.conf and zaptel.conf and I wasn't able to see any
'troubleshooting' stuff.  I know back in the days of modems, you could
issue an AT command to dial out or initial an answer and you would get
an audible (and console) response.

Thanks,

Aaron