[Asterisk-Users] MF instead of DTMF

Michael B. Murdock mike123 at switchmaxx.com
Tue Apr 19 09:16:04 MST 2005

Thank for the reply Jim,

I realize FGD uses MF and obviously there is a MF decoder in asterisk. What
I am trying to determine is if asterisk can detect MF digits after the call
has been presented using FGD call setup.

What I am trying to determine is if Asterisk can be used as a replacement
for the Class Announcement periphial for a Class-5 (DMS-10) switch. I am
trying to get the specific Nortel or Telcordia spec on this feature but have
been told by one switch tech that the specific announcement (or string of
announcements) to play is indicated by a variable number of outpulsed MF
digits after the trunk is seized.

-- Mike