[Asterisk-Users] VPN/Asterisk combo

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Apr 19 07:58:10 MST 2005

>Can anyone suggest a better way or give me some advice?

Monowall:

http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/features.php

Totally rocks. 2-and-3 card DMZ's with routing between them, traffic shaper,
IPSec and PPTP VPN's that actually work, easy to set up, good hardware
support, boot from CD, configuration in an XML file from floppy. Add 3
NIC's, 1 for your broadband, 1 for your internal LAN, & 1 for a DMZ lan and
all you do is set up rules to pass IAX or SIP and a couple of routes. I am
using Monowall on a 10 mbit internet connection with an * server inside, and
25 SNOM's outside, sometimes my PRI is almost maxed with outbound and
inbound PSTN and Monowall just keeps on chugging. On a Compaq PII. With
ALAW. (Yes, ALAW. If you have the bandwidth, why not?)

Best part: Free.