[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-841 distinctive ring

Joel Newkirk asterisk-user at newkirk.us
Tue Apr 19 07:25:43 MST 2005

Gareth Blades wrote:
> Reading http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-SPA-841 I have configured Asterisk
> with the following dialplan to ring using 'Simple-1' but it is not
> working.
>
> exten => 6150,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=Simple-1)
> exten => 6150,2,Dial(SIP/6152,4,t)

In the 'distinctive ring' section on that page is this paragraph:

-
Beware that firmware prior to 0.9.5 exhibits an off-by-one error. For
example, if you want to ring "Classic-1" in an older firmware then you
have to use "Classic-2". This bug has been corrected in version 0.9.5.
-

So setting it to "Simple-1" will actually use "Classic-4" on pre-0.9.5
firmware (like the one on my desk).  And asking it for "Classic-1" will
give you silence.

The real issue is that you need to use:

SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=Simple-2)

This is mentioned in a correction to the Sipura SPA-2000 wiki page, but
not the SPA-841.