[Asterisk-Users] Looking for some real basic doccos...

Richard Malcolm-Smith rich at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 19 04:59:52 MST 2005

Have asterisk installed, and working with my 2 quicknet phonejacks and 1
linejack cards.

I cant seem to get my way thru getting the linejack to answer, and give some
choices to the callers. I cant get the phonejacks to work when I change there
entry to mode=dialtone in the phone.conf, thats all I get, a dialtone.

Initially what I want to do is have all the phones but mine connected to one
phonejack card, and mine to the other phonejack card. I want incoming calls
initially passed thru to both cards, untill I device a suitable menuing system,
but outgoing calls I want to restrict on the card that the housemates phones are
connected to (So they cant call long distance, mobiles, or any other calls that
cost)

I have being looking at all the docco I can find, but its all really really
complex looking, even the default configs make no sence to me.