[Asterisk-Users] VPN/Asterisk combo

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Tue Apr 19 04:31:56 MST 2005

At a hotel we have two separate internal networks, one for office and one
for guests. I want to find an elegant way to have phones on both networks
and to allow some traffic between the networks but control most of it. I am
thinking of using a motherboard with a LAN interface and adding a dual LAN
board, installing a firewall on it, and then installing asterisk so that the
asterisk server is also the firewall.
Has anyone done this, can you recommend software that will give me traffic
shaping and a robust firewall with VPN capabilities?

Chris Mason