[Asterisk-Users] TE405p PRI ISDN [E1] RED Recovering ?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Apr 19 03:32:27 MST 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Derek Conniffe wrote:

> But I'm having problems with one E1 line (span # 4).  When I cat
> /proc/zaptel/4 I get one of two messages in the first line:
> Span 4: TE4/0/4 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 4" HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RECOVERING
> ClockSource
> Span 4: TE4/0/4 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 4" HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED RECOVERING
>
> And span 4 isn't showing channels at all in *.  I'm guessing that the
> "RECOVERING" is not good.  The Telco has told me that I have a
> configuration problem and that the error message on their end is "Remote
> Frame".
>
> I have this span setup just like the others.  Does anyone have any idea
> what "RECOVERING" and/or "Remote Frame" means?

What you appear to have is a local "red" alert, i.e. a loss of received
carrier. You will in turn transmit the alarm state blindly to the other
side that sees it as a remote alarm.

So, most probably you are not hearing the remote end correctly. Recovering
I assume means that it hears some frames correctly, but not enough to kick
out of red alarm state.

Peter