[Asterisk-Users] Junghans QuadBRI and fax detection

Marc Storck marc.storck at msnetworks.lu
Tue Apr 19 03:22:48 MST 2005

I use DIDs for incoming faxes as well, but we have several users with
combined Telephone-Fax-Hardware. As humans make errors and are very
lazy, these users don't want to dial another prefix when they send a fax.

This is what I try to do:

exten => _XX.,1,SetVar(NUMBER=${EXTEN}) ;save the number they dialled
exten => _XX.,2,Answer() ; answer to check if it is a fax
exten => _XX.,3,Dial(IAX2/dcluxpabx at dcluxpabx/${NUMBER}) ; if it's NOT a
fax dial via IAX

exten => fax,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${NUMBER}) ; if it IS a fax, dial via ISDN

In my situation it does not work, no call is forwarded to the fax extension.

Many thanks,

Marc