[Asterisk-Users] Upgraded now Asterisk won't start

Paul A Brown paul at fowlmere.com
Mon Apr 18 16:37:37 MST 2005

I have just installed 1.0.7 from the debian source using apt-get.

Now it won't run. I try to start it, do a PS and its there for a min then
disappears. asterisk -r says can't connect to remote server and asterisk -c
says

Asterisk 1.0.7-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC7k, Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Digium.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
[ Booting.............res_odbc loaded.
.Registered Config Engine odbc
res_config_odbc loaded.
.....No agent configuration found -- agent support disabled
.Unable to load config mgcp.conf, MGCP disabled
.Unable to open IAX timing interface: No such file or directory
No IAX provisioning configuration found, IAX provisioning disabled.
..Unable to load config skinny.conf, Skinny disabled
.Unable to load config phone.conf
chan_phone.so: load_module failed, returning -1

I can't find any errors in /var/log/asterisk (Not sure which file should
show errors but none do anyway)

I am bound to of done something daft and apologise in advance.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

Paul