[Asterisk-Users] system wide speed dialing

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Mon Apr 18 15:52:11 MST 2005

> I would like to define some numbers which would be available
> at each phone as short cut. However, it would be nice to use
> that on a group of phone numbers instead of really everyone.
> What are you using?

I'm using a bunch of dialplan logic to store numbers in the internal
asterisk database. There are some good examples of how to do this on the
wiki and in the sample/example configuration files posted by other people
on there. With the use of some prompts from asterisk-sounds you can make a
really nice front end to edit/administer the speed dial numbers from a
phone rather than the CLI.

Paul