[Asterisk-Users] 99% CPU - CVS 03.28.05

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Apr 18 13:50:05 MST 2005

Zoa wrote:

> No changes were made to chan_sip when the iax2 jitter buffer was added.
> However, ive seen and hear several complaints about  coredumps,
> deadlocks in cvs-head chan_sip recently.

For my part, it appears to be some sort of deadlock-y weirdness.  The
server stays running, sort of.

It started basically right after the jb code was added, although of
course there's no way of knowing whether there might be causality.

I'm betting on SIP being the culprit because the server always goes
la-la at the same time one or another SIP traffic has just that instant
been commenced, always.

Since the server doesn't die, there's no coredumps or backtraces to look
at.

I'm doing my best to test it, but it is intermittent and I haven't found
the predictor yet, beyond the aforementioned observation that a SIP
channel just freshly activated seems always to be found at the scene.

B.