[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P Revision question.

Ian Pattison ianp at technologyassociates.ca
Mon Apr 18 07:43:30 MST 2005

I don't know how everyone else is doing but my woes are continuing.

Hardware:

Digium TDM400P (REV G according to the silk screening on the board) 2xFX0, 2xFXS purchased in August/September 2004
Dell Precision 420 (PIII-733, 512MB RAM nothing fancy but not doing too much either)

Software:

Zaptel, Libpri and Asterisk (v1-0) downloaded and re-compiled from CVS today (April 17)
SuSE 9.1 (Kernel 2.6.4-52-default) configured as a life-support system for Asterisk only... no other apps running.

Here's are my issues:

1. dmesg reports the card as Revision E/F although Rev G visually confirmed (see below)

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:03:05.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:1f.3
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)

2. Low ringing voltage still (~44V AC). I have used the boostringer=1 option when loading wcfxs, did I miss something at compile time?
3. Rogue on-hook 109V AC voltage (11V AC off-hook) on both FXS ports. I have conformed that it is being generated by the card itself. I repeat, it is not being induced on the wire. After finding it a the wall jack I was able to sample the same 109V AC at the card itself with no cables attached.
4. Random calls dropped on the FXO ports from both FXS and SIP clients. The drop is usually preceded by a 2-3 second buzzing sound on the line. This occurs with both incoming and outgoing calls.

It should be noted that the card is sharing an IRQ with another device (the USB controller to be exact). No matter what slot the card is inserted in it ends up sharing an IRQ. To that end I made sure it was sharing with an unused device (no USB devices attached).

Looking for help here...

Thanks,

Ian