[Asterisk-Users] Help compiling zaptel in Debian

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Mon Apr 18 10:04:35 MST 2005

Manuel,

This is from my Wiki page on running Asterisk on Debian/GNU Linux.

Build and Install Zaptel
Zaptel provides support for Digium hardware.  The following steps can be
followed to build and install Zaptel.

1. Create symbolic links to the new kernel's source files by issuing the
following commands at a console window's command line:
    cd /usr/src
    ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.20 linux
    ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.20 linux-2.4

2. Build and install Zaptel by issuing the following commands at a
console window's command line:
    cd /usr/src/zaptel
    make clean; make install

I'm pretty sure that will solve your problem.  My Wiki page has been
stagnant for a while, because I've been dealing with the rather steep
Asterisk learning curve, but I've got a ton of notes on paper that I'll
be adding to the page once I hit my next documentation stage.

Matthew Roth
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Running%20Asterisk%20on%20Debian