[Asterisk-Users] queue - transfer calls

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Mon Apr 18 06:16:05 MST 2005

Hello,

I am setting up an ACD using *, but found a an issue that I am not being able to resolve, and this might impact our * implementation.

We have a call center with 4 agents, which should receive calls from their queue. But we also have a "call center management" team which should be able to talk to end customers in case the first level call center is not able to solve the problem.

There are two issues there:

1. The agent cannot use the soft-phone TRANSFER button.. she has to press the pound key to transfer. This is not a 'terrible' issue, since it is just a matter of educating agents.

2. Attended transfer: If the agent transfers the call to someone in the management team, the call is immediately transferred, and the agent is not able to talk to the manager before. Is there a way to allow an agent to talk to the management befora actually transferring, so that he can explain the issue in advance????

Thank you very much
Dov