[Asterisk-Users] Re: Siemens optiPoint 420 phone and Asterisk

richard Coco coco_richard at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 04:23:13 MST 2005

Hi Franz,

ok, can you please inform me (the list) if the Optipoint 420 with the firmware 4.0.22A work with Asterisk. If so i will try to contact our contact at Siemens and organize some Optipoint 420.

>chan_cornet, which would support the proprietary Siemens protocol, is not
>part of the CVS tree yet (thanks to Steffen Koepf for writing this).
BTW Have you additional information about Steffen's chan_cornet. Is there a beta version of the chan_cornet available for testing. As mentioned in my first post we use for the moment oh.323 and i'm very intersted to test it if possible.

thx in advance...

Franz Knipp <knipp at m-otion.com> wrote:
Dear Richard,

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, coco_richard at yahoo.com wrote:
> The latest firmware for optipoint420 advance SIP seems to be version
> 4.0.22A, released for HiPath8000.

thanks for this information. I've contacted my customer adviser at
Siemens, he'll try to organize me this version.

> What siemens PBX do you use?

It's a HiPath 3300 (Rack version) with the extension containing 4 ISDN
ports to connect to *.

> I don't know... maybe it will work... We only have several OptiPoint400
> and they work fine.

The risk of making the phone unuseable by installing a wrong firmware
seems too high for me, so I won't try that.

Thanks for the help!

Bye,

Franz
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: