[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic Dialplan - Turn VM on/off?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 18 05:05:28 MST 2005

> G'day. I've been working with * for some time now, but mostly from a
> enterprise perspective. I've just setup my own box at home and want to
> enable some more "home user" type functionality.
>
> Does anyone have a trick to allow the dynamic modification of the
> dialplan by users? I want the ability to switch voicemail on/off (or at
> least alter the timeout).
>
> In essence, I want to simulate the act of manually turning an answering
> machine on when you leave home (for my wife).

Lots of different ways to do those things... here's one basic example:

; toggle the ivr by dialing this extension
exten => 3950,1,DBget(ISIVRON=FEAT/ivron) ; if success, step 2, else 102
exten => 3950,2,GotoIf(${ISIVRON} == yes?3:102)
exten => 3950,3,DBdel(FEAT/ivron)
exten => 3950,4,Background(npi-ivroff)
exten => 3950,5,Hangup
exten => 3950,102,DBput(FEAT/ivron=yes)
exten => 3950,103,Background(npi-ivron)
exten => 3950,104,Hangup

Then insert something in your dialplan statements to read the DBget
values, and branch as appropriate.

That example essentially turns an IVR on/off by dialing extn 3950.