[Asterisk-Users] Re: asterisk + OH323 + NAT + gnomemeeting

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 17 23:54:09 MST 2005

Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> writes:

> I don't know about X-Lite, but sjphone seems only to support OSS. One
> of my requirements is ALSA support. Thus linphone and gnomemeeting.
>
> But, interestingly, gnomemeeting seems to be the only client capable
> of full duplex audio using ALSA+DMIX+DSNOOP+ASYM.

Ah, I remember a thread about that on the GM list a couple of weeks
ago, so that was you I presume. Well, XLite is OSS too, afaik, so
that probably wouldn't help you either.

Anway, pushing for an GM alpha snapshot with SIP support might still
be an option compared to going through the H323 pile. Damien promised
me twice

 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2005-February/msg00018.html
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2005-April/msg00069.html

to produce something workable, i.e. a release 1.3.1 as per the last
mail.

So if you reminded him too that at least some people are waiting for
GM SIP support, it might accelerate the process a bit :)

Regards, Bruno.