[Asterisk-Users] IPSwitchBoard Version 0.91 Released

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun Apr 17 05:06:13 MST 2005

Thorben Jensen wrote:

>Version 0.91 - 17. April 2005.
>

>* IPS is now using the context configured in Asterisk for peers - the
>context on the configuration page is used for Speed Dial Numbers only
>
>* New tab page for Speed Dial Numbers
>
>Download here: http://ipswitchboard.thorben.dk

Thorben,

I hope you find some time to make all more smoothly. It is a great
product, but there are still some unclear things.

Following problems I have encountered:
1. The help system is still in the very first stage, ... a typical
engineer habit ;-)
    I hope you can add in the next version a little bit how to use
IPSwitchBoard

2. The Zap Extension will pop up all the time in Main Extension tab,
even you delete it already and / or renamed it to another tab

3. One IAX2 is simple to taken
The three lines in Exensions / Extensions tab look like:

IAX2   623           IAXy at home <623>          Unspecified
Internal               (it is in the moment not connected)
IAX2   NuFone    NuFone (Toll free USA)      6.225.202.72   Lines
IAX2   demo        Digium <>                           16.207.245.47
Main Extensions

The button NuFone is always EMTPY (in Panel / Lines)

4. I cannot find out the purpose of  Shared Extensions File in Config

5. Speed Dials
    I cannot get it to work, ...
    Maybe we misunderstand the purpose, please correct me, if I am wrong.
    I think it should let me key in a Name ("Peter") and a Caller ID
(phone number of him). I tried with 901111111111 at trunkintl, I tried
90111111111, .....
    It always tells me that I used the demo of asterisk!!!

6. Queues and Agents I have not setup yet at Asterisk, of course I
cannot get here anything too.

7. Calls
    I am not sure what the purpose is of it. Maybe the last 50 Incoming
/ Outgoing calls, or forever????
    Depending on the answer before, it would be nice to have a search
for some cases.
    It has also a sorting problem of one digit hours and two digit
hours  10 pm is listed before 5 pm

8. Installation
    It would be nice if it ask automatically to uninstall the previous
version while it installs the new one, instead to go the extra mile via
control panel to uninstall the previous version.

All in all, I think it will soon a good product. I admire your effort to
upgrade all the time,...

bye

Ronald